How many people here regularly print their photos?

Started Aug 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
Russell Fielding
Regular MemberPosts: 160
Like?
Re: How many people here regularly print their photos?
In reply to eagle2a, Aug 1, 2012

It's that lowering of acceptable photo standards that puzzles me. Surely we should be demanding higher quality? One of the phonecammers put a pic up on FB the other day of her son with two mates. The photo was badly blurred yet people still 'liked' it!

Of course even a proper compact digicam might not give a great picture in very low light but with 'proper' flash at least the pic should be in focus-ish and sharp-ish, good enough to give some room for improvement in PP.

Re the 6x4ers I just think it's too small a size to show off photography. I was only the other day flicking through some of my bro's old pics in a 2-3inch thick album and it is nice to view them presented like that complete with his adjacent notes. I just don't think the size does them justice. I'd maybe prefer an iPad style device in bed but hmmmm although larger and better image quality lacks the tactility and I dunno 'oldschoolness' of an album. Digital photos on screen like digital music files have something taken away from them by their electronicness & intangibility.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow