Started Aug 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MarinoDiMare
Contributing MemberPosts: 504Gear list
Like?
Question about 70-200 f/2.8
Aug 1, 2012

Hi, I'm new here on this forum, although I've been active at over at the Sony forums in the past.

My photography is growing to be more and more serious, and with an eye on the future, I am seriously considering making the switch from Sony to Nikon. I am financially limited, but selling my Sony gear should bring in some funds.

Considering this, my current idea is to go for the d7000, but only invest in FX-compatible lenses (future-proofing). To start with, I'd consider the 24-70 f/2.8, the 70-200 f/2.8, and the 50 f/1.4; probably second hand. Eventually, I'd want to go wider, too, for landscape photography.

The lens I would miss the most and would be least able to replace (for financial reasons, obviously), is the Sony 70-400. Hence my question: how does the Nikkor 70-200 f/2.8 fare with teleconvertors? Considering I'd go for second hand, the VR1 version is the most likely candidate.

MarinoDiMare's gear list:MarinoDiMare's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +7 more
Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow