ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
BRUCEK56
Contributing MemberPosts: 790Gear list
Like?
Canon repair quote 24-105.
Aug 1, 2012

Hi,

Just thought I would inform on the quote I received from Canon Service Center in Jamesburg.

First Let me preface by stating I sent in my new Canon 1DX because of a faulty cf door. It would not snap shut and just flapped around. It happened in the first two hours I received the camera.

I decided I would send in along with the camera my 2005 24-105 lens. I received one of the first batches of this lens when it was first introduced. It is almost 7 years old and has been my workhorse lens.

I figured as long as I had a new 1DX now would be the time to "refurbish" the lens.

It needs a new rubber focusing ring, the red "L" ring, tighten the zoom to prevent zoom creep and just check all functions and bring back to factory spec.

The cost is as follows : Labor: 359.00
2 day return shipping: 14.00
Tax: 33.12
Total cost: $406.12

I approved the cost because I have always found my copy of the lens to be exceptionally sharp wide open (compared to friends newer copies) and want to continue using it.

BRUCEK56

BRUCEK56's gear list:BRUCEK56's gear list
Canon EOS-1D X Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Sigma 12-24mm F4.5-5.6 EX DG Aspherical HSM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM
Canon EOS-1D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow