why is overheating with nex 7 so big problem? and iso noise??

Started Jul 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
gskolenda
Contributing MemberPosts: 684Gear list
Like?
Re: why is overheating with nex 7 so big problem? and iso noise??
In reply to GingerBread, Aug 1, 2012

GingerBread wrote:

The OP got one thing correct, that being that he doesn't understand. It is perfectly reasonable for buyers who want want camera that can do both stills and video well to expect their camera to perform as advertised. Unfortunately, the NEX 7 and 5N don't perform as advertised. I'm primarily a still photography shooter, but I nonetheless regret having sold my GH2, which had no overheating problem at all. Some of us would like to be able to video longer than a few minutes at a time, and for some events, it is absolutely needed. To assert that no one needs more than a few minutes of video at a time really comes across as an arrogant statement from someone who is uninformed.

I like my 7 a lot, but it looks like it will be a long time before I would be comfortable fully giving up m4/3rds in favor of NEX. Poor low light AF, a lack of lenses and the video overheating issue are my main concerns with NEX. Even my girlfriend's lowly Pany GF3 will AF much more quickly and accurately than my 7 in low light. Nor does the lowly GF3 or my now sold GH2 overheat. Sony is wasting some of the advantage it has in sensor superiority by not having the rest of the camera equal or exceed the performance of other manufacturers mirrorless cameras.

-- hide signature --

Ging

Yet another reason they need to fix this problem! There competition doesn't have this problem! Very Well Stated Ging!

gskolenda's gear list:gskolenda's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow