RX100 and HX20

Started Jul 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
snapshot09
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,512
Like?
Re: RX100 and HX20
In reply to maverick01, Aug 1, 2012

Good points.

It seems those looking for there one and only camera and to achieve the best IQ, the RX100 would be the way to go. Particularly if you are solely looking for still shots and have no interest in video.

maverick01 wrote:

At the same focal lengths, I'm sure the RX100 is a much better camera. But that's not the way I look at it. I already have a dslr for top quality images, I need a P&S for other portability and video.

For me the HX20V is more practical choice because it can shoot video like a camcorder with good zoom coverage and the pictures in decent light can be printed to 8 x 10 without much visible degradation in IQ. So it's a great travel P&S that I can also let the kids handle when I'm operating the dslr.

One thing also, I take most of my pictures at the widest angle and appreciate the fact that HX20V hoes down to 25mm vs 28mm for the RX100.

But I can also see the appeal in the RX100 from a technical perspective, it's just not that practical for me.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow