Started Aug 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
James Pezzella
Regular MemberPosts: 133Gear list
Like?
Photo Storage and Backup
Aug 1, 2012

I'm looking for ideas for storage and backup for both my photos, documents, and music.

Originally I had my photos, documents and itunes library on one desktop - which was backed up by carbonite.

When services such as Box.net became available - I moved many of my documents there, allowing me to share them across personal and work computers, and mobile devices.

My big problem has been my photos and music. In total there's just under 150gb of content. I moved them out to a NetGear ReadyNAS which provided RAID protected centralized access - BUT I haven't found a good backup solution.

Carbonite works fine for a local backup of my computers - but it won't backup any NAS drives.

I signed up to use iDrive for my NAS - but I've run out of space on the 150gb plan. so before I extend the iDrive plan - I would like to locate 1 solution which backs up everything in one place...

I could move the photos and music back to my main desktop - and carbonite would take care of backing up all the photos and music - but then I would lose centralized access for my other computers and mobile devices.

Any suggestions ?
--
Equipment list in my profile
http://www.flickr.com/jamespezzella

James Pezzella's gear list:James Pezzella's gear list
Leica D-LUX 3
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow