ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dodfr
Contributing MemberPosts: 537Gear list
Like?
TZ25/SZ15 First shots during Long-Hike
Aug 1, 2012

Hi,

Here is a gallery that show what I've been able to do with my very new Pana camera bought 2 days before a 15 days lonely long-hike (GR11) in Spanish Pyrenean mountains so I learned how to use it "on the road".

http://www.dpreview.com/galleries/1547926857/albums/spainish-gr11-long-hike

I am rather pleased with picture quality, Power IOS staibilzation and Zoom, focus is very fast, screen is ok full sun.

Battery life is average, my old Sony P200 could handle more than 400 shots but I had a spare battery and an external 5000mAh plus flexible Solar cell on the bag (but I used it to keep my GPS tracing full day).

Battery reload is...slow so I put spare battery during the day and reload the other one during the night uqing the 5000mAh or sometimes on 220v when I slept in a camping.

90% bugs shots have been taken from standing position using full zoom at minimum distance permitted that is 1.2m (my bag weight was 20Kg so it was a bit difficult to crouch).

I found no unlimited-focus setting so I missed nightly stars shots and whenever some scene modes description claim it uses unlimited focus (like landscape scene mode) this is false, the Pana will try to focus and will not go to unlimited focus if it could not get any focus.

My good old Sony P200 had unlimited focus setting that was terrible for shooting anything very fast regardless light condition.

I also found too late the spot light-metering, why the hell do they puttted it in deep setting menu instead of quick-menu ???

Feel free to comment.

-- hide signature --
 dodfr's gear list:dodfr's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS15
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS15 (Lumix DMC-TZ25)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow