Which would be better for a newbie? D5100 or D3200?

Started Jul 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
hajime93
Forum MemberPosts: 78Gear list
Like?
Re: Which would be better for a newbie? D5100 or D3200?
In reply to Smiller4128, Aug 1, 2012

Definitely the D5100:

1) MP count doesn't really matter unless you're printing for huge size posters or billboards. If that's the case, 24MP is not even enough!

2) You'll realise someday the convenience of flip screen as it allows you to shoot in various conditions without having you to climb or sleep on the ground to reach the same level of the camera; not to mention taking "blind" shots until you get the right angle.

3) From what i've learned, focus speed and problems are not directly and shall not be blamed on the camera body itself. It has something to do with the lens and available light as well.

4) D5100 has many other features that outdoes the D3200 and again I'll stick to what I always say: It's all about the photographer that take good pictures, not the camera.

Let us know when you have bought your camera, happy shooting and welcome to the club!

hajime93's gear list:hajime93's gear list
Sony SLT-A57 Sony DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F/2.8 Di LD (IF) MACRO Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Sony 85mm F2.8 SAM +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow