Started Jul 31, 2012 | Discussions thread
Jimrod
Forum MemberPosts: 85
Like?
Re: My X10 fails me yet AGAIN.
In reply to rattymouse, Aug 1, 2012

rattymouse wrote:

lefkop wrote:

In defense to Ratty here, I just got the x100 and had the exact opposite problem, I know where the panoramic mode is on the x10 and had to search for it on the x100, but I know that they their dials have different functions, the x100 being more of a straight ahead old school camera with make sense manual adjustments. Fuji could have been more consistent by adding the function into the "drive menu" as well as programing into adv setting so users of both cameras are flummoxed by GUI inconsistencies especially when you are switching between a lot of different camera types.

Cheers to all

Paul

Yes, these cameras are very inconsistent. It would have been no problem but I was really in a hurry as the sun was setting, changing the light quite spectacularly across a whole sky of clouds. I had at most 5-10 minutes to work with and spent a good 5 of those minutes messing with the camera looking all over for the stupid panorama mode. I swore that I had shot panoramas with the X10 before but now after this, know that it was always with my X100.

With only a few minutes left I ran to the manual but could not find it in time. The sun set then and all the colors that were displayed all over the clouds were gone. Pi$$ed me off to no end because of how dumb the X10 is in this area. Drive mode works perfectly. I guess Fujifilm felt that the X10 had to be "different" for no good reason.

Seems to me that most cameras have their own foibles, rather than blame the X10 for you not being able to find the right mode perhaps you should put this down to user error on this occasion, the camera didn't fail you, you just weren't familiar enough with how it works to know where to look for the mode you wanted. There is nothing to say it should work the same as any other model.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow