Your second half of 2012 Ricoh prediction

Started Jul 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
Tom Caldwell
Forum ProPosts: 17,580
Like?
Good point
In reply to PaoloB, Aug 1, 2012

PaoloB wrote:

The serious improvement to the GXR system would be a FF-M (Leica M) module. it does not need 24 or 36 MP, even 12 MP would be good.

It should be remembered that not only M lenses fits well on the GXR, but also many other SLR FF manual lenses, which today costs much less than any leica M lnes and performs very very well. Olympus OM, Leica R, Contax and Nikon lenses are all great on the M module (I mentioned only these lenses because they are the ones I'm using now on the GXR).

Good point Paolo

Any FF sensor would require a re-design of the mount system, internally at least, to fit a larger focal plane shutter. The sensor itself needs to be specially modified as well, and Ricoh do not make sensors (nor does Leica). But who knows, the existing A12 mount must have been a very technical exercise and a FF mount would be very welcome as well.

Concentration on making mount systems but few lenses might be seen as a new variation on making lens adapters.

But if it can be made financially feasible then who knows.

I have learned to love manual-focus lenses, but auto-focus is what the vast majority of the market demands.

-- hide signature --

Tom Caldwell

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow