E-M5 Cracked Display

Started Jul 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
tedolf
Forum ProPosts: 15,799Gear list
Like?
Even if .......
In reply to forpetessake, Jul 31, 2012

forpetessake wrote:

I think they are correct, the LCD glass is not covered under warranty.

Whenever I buy an expensive piece of equipment I'm using American Express credit card, they refund the purchase if the manufacturer refuses to fix it. They don't even require you to return the equipment, at least they didn't ask me to do it. I think they also give a refund if you are not satisfied, but I never tried it. And they extend the warranty for one extra year for free. I think some other Visa/Mastercards also offer customer satisfaction, but I can never remember which cards do.

Even if you used a credit card without extra coverage it still makes sense to start a dispute process, you lose nothing, but can win everything.

you broke it?

monodrift wrote:

Got off the phone with the customer service supervisor.

She was nicer than the others I spoke to. We went back and forth, me explaining my situation, her telling me it would end up costing me either way. In the end we were able to negotiate a lower price and extended warranty- which is nice, and I appreciate the gesture. It softens the blow of having a brand-new defective camera, but it doesn't totally rid me of that stressful experience this has been.

Considering how this ended up, I may not be totally swear off from purchasing Olympus products in the future, but this whole experience will no doubt influence my purchasing decisions.

In the end, I was just the unlucky guy who got a bad apple- and Olympus customer support was trying to do their job, although not to the extent I would have liked to see.

TEdolph

tedolf's gear list:tedolf's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:2.8 Pancake Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
CallNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow