On Judging a new camera (the DP2M)

Started Jul 31, 2012 | Discussions thread
Gesture
Senior MemberPosts: 1,913Gear list
Like?
Re: mrkr
In reply to Nancy and Pete Spader, Jul 31, 2012

Good thoughts, Pete. I do think there is a difference between what a camera may be lacking that one can work with (slow processing speeds, need for careful exposure) and what are detriments (banding, green/magenta blotches, inability to hold reasonable highlights, focus accuracy, etc.). I don't mind a camera that requires a deliberate approach but I do hope Sigma has paid attention to power management, focus accuracy, quality of the LCD image, etc.

It was clear that this new sensor was going to require substantial processing power. Has enough been built in? Will the camera heat up during operation? These are some of my concerns, but related to Fuji and Leica APS-C, fixed lens cameras, the price point is manageable.

In short, I welcome a subtle imagery with a distinct "look," but the path to that shouldn't be hamstrung with irreversible issues.

Also, I just don't understand modern manufacturers. Charge $1,000 for a camera. Fine. But please include the lens hood/filter adapter. Remember, in the good SLR film days when some lenses (Konica for one) came with beautiful cases.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
mrkrNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow