Started Jul 31, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Bretzky
Regular MemberPosts: 103Gear list
Like?
Are E-M5 photos missing something?
Jul 31, 2012

I may be alone on an island on this one, but to my eyes, the photos produced by the E-M5 seem to be missing some quality that I see with images taken with four thirds cameras. I've been visiting this and the Micro Four Thirds forum for quite some time and in my completely subjective, non-scientific opinion, the photos posted with the E-M5 are not as pleasing as those taken with four thirds bodies. They seem to lack a certain richness, texture or depth. The recent Sichuan and Shanghai photo sets posted by NYFalls reminded me of this. His photos have that certain look that I have become accustomed to on this forum.

Could it be that the E-M5 images are too sharp for my liking? Or, that the micro 4/3 lenses are not producing the same richness, texture, depth as you get with the HG and SHG 4/3 lenses.

I keep thinking that I must be wrong on this as everyone who uses the E-M5 seems to love it, but I was curious to see if anyone else has had these feelings.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow