D800 cheap battery pack's

Started Jun 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Theodoros Fotometria
Senior MemberPosts: 2,090
Re: D800 Pixel Vertex and Meike battery Battery Grip Packs
In reply to BeachnCruz, Jul 31, 2012

BeachnCruz wrote:

Will the Pixel Vertex or Meike Battery Grip Packs designed for D800 work with an En-El18 D4 Battery also ?

Will a Nikon BL-5 Battery Adapter Cover (intended for use with En-El18 Battery when adapted to the Nikon D800 Grip) fit aftermarket Pixel Vertex or Meike Battery Grip Packs?

Will the Really Right Stuff or Kirk L-Bracket/Plate designed for use with Nikon D800 + Nikon Battery Grip Pack also fit D800 if using an aftermarket Pixel Vertex or Meike D800 Battery Grip Pack ?

-- hide signature --

Chinese DSTE makes a pack that additionally to the 8AA & en-el15 trays, includes a tray with an EN-EL18 permanently attached to it... the camera showed "fully charged" with the internal EN-EL15 removed and no charging for the EN-EL18 23days after it has been shipped, the only problem seems to be that the dedicated chargers that are included for the EN-EL18, where both faulty! I have to use a compatible charger until the replacements (they have shipped them immediately after I've send them a note without asking for the faulty ones back) arrive. Cost of the lot was $129 inc. shipping, I've been always using chinese alternative packs for my cameras from the time I tried an alternative MB-D200 to my original one for my Fuji S5PROs which made no difference... neither the Meike on my D700 or the DSTE & EN-EL18 for my D800E show any difference... but on the wallet.

P.S.How can you guys use those WIDE STRAPS that are supplied with the cameras?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow