D800 cheap battery pack's

Started Jun 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
Theodoros Fotometria
Senior MemberPosts: 2,090
Like?
Re: D800 Pixel Vertex and Meike battery Battery Grip Packs
In reply to BeachnCruz, Jul 31, 2012

BeachnCruz wrote:

Will the Pixel Vertex or Meike Battery Grip Packs designed for D800 work with an En-El18 D4 Battery also ?

Will a Nikon BL-5 Battery Adapter Cover (intended for use with En-El18 Battery when adapted to the Nikon D800 Grip) fit aftermarket Pixel Vertex or Meike Battery Grip Packs?

Will the Really Right Stuff or Kirk L-Bracket/Plate designed for use with Nikon D800 + Nikon Battery Grip Pack also fit D800 if using an aftermarket Pixel Vertex or Meike D800 Battery Grip Pack ?

-- hide signature --

Chinese DSTE makes a pack that additionally to the 8AA & en-el15 trays, includes a tray with an EN-EL18 permanently attached to it... the camera showed "fully charged" with the internal EN-EL15 removed and no charging for the EN-EL18 23days after it has been shipped, the only problem seems to be that the dedicated chargers that are included for the EN-EL18, where both faulty! I have to use a compatible charger until the replacements (they have shipped them immediately after I've send them a note without asking for the faulty ones back) arrive. Cost of the lot was $129 inc. shipping, I've been always using chinese alternative packs for my cameras from the time I tried an alternative MB-D200 to my original one for my Fuji S5PROs which made no difference... neither the Meike on my D700 or the DSTE & EN-EL18 for my D800E show any difference... but on the wallet.

P.S.How can you guys use those WIDE STRAPS that are supplied with the cameras?

Theodoros
http://www.fotometria.gr

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow