Started Jul 31, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ugly1
Forum MemberPosts: 85Gear list
Like?
C&C on portraits with softbox and umbrella
Jul 31, 2012

Here is a shot of my wife using a softbox and an umbrella. I had a 600EX-RTs in each.

Any and all C&C are very welcome.

The other photos were too big for DPR and so I have a Facebook link below if you would be kind enough to go and take a look.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.718269186060.2127694.42900664&type=1&l=9309512183

I just got the softbox and have a lot to learn, but I think I like how the umbrella diffuses the light more. The soxtbox light seems to get too harsh too quickly and blue! It has 2 diffusion panels on it and I still have to power it down a lot. But when I do that, my photos are not as bright as I would like, and I like my photos a little dark to begin with!

I have the ProStudio Solutions EZ-Pro 32"x48" Softbox from Amazon. I thought it was a decent size to give decent soft light and not too cumbersome to move around on location.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

ugly1's gear list:ugly1's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EF 28mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM +1 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow