Started Jul 31, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
KSC123
New MemberPosts: 16
Like?
Nex-7 Video Autofocus: any luck?
Jul 31, 2012

I've recently been trying to test some video with Nex-7 and I've been struggling to get satisfactory results using autofocus. A lot of what I've seen written on the internet uses manual focus, which is fine for some applications, but I'd like to be able to use autofocus as well.

My problem, that seems especially present if I'm framed on a fairly stationary object, is that the focus doesn't stay put. It seems like the camera is constantly trying to check the focus, so you see a brief flicker of it changing focus slightly every few seconds. I.e the subject blurs slightly momentarily and then comes back into focus - much like you were setting focus initially for a still photo. I'm using the original SEL18-200mm Sony lens, which should be most appropriate for this application. I've being using the spot focus, though I think I've seen the same behavior using center focus.

Has anybody else experienced this problem and better yet, has anyone found a reasonable solution short of switching to manual focus? Thanks.

Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow