Where there is thunder there is lightning

Started Jul 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
azazel1024
Senior MemberPosts: 1,093Gear list
Like?
Re: well ...
In reply to tedolf, Jul 31, 2012

I basically what you are saying is with what I had to work with I produced decent results.

Thanks of the compliment!

I would have been waiting several days on "the next storm" as we got a band of rain that went over us later on, but the lightning activity never approached within about 5-6 miles of my location.

As for an ND filter, that would have produced the same results as having stopped down the lens further, which wouldn't work/didn't work. Thanks for reading comprehension though. The lightning was too dim in general to work with lower exposure values and the cloud flash was too prodigious as well. So long exposure methods using ANY method would not have worked. The too bright foreground was simply a further complication.

As for the prof.s, one was a math prof. and another was a comp sci prof. (who I proved wrong, but refused to accept it).

As for the schools, the math prof. was at PSU, the comp sci professor was at UMCP. I got a BS in Information Sciences and Technology at PSU and the UMCP stuff was some masters level course work in Comp Sci (I didn't have the time to get my MS in Comp Sci).

-- hide signature --

Many things dealing with Olympus and their OM and Pen cameras, plus my general photography and musings http://omexperience.wordpress.com/

azazel1024's gear list:azazel1024's gear list
Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow