Nikon AF-S Micro 60mm f2.8G Good Price...

Started Jul 31, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Dave Deacon
Senior MemberPosts: 2,154Gear list
Like?
Nikon AF-S Micro 60mm f2.8G Good Price...
Jul 31, 2012

I managed to get a D3200. My first Nikon. The kit lens proved to be somewhat unexciting. Tried a Tamron 17-50 f2.8 that was a lemon. I was going to try a Nikon 16-85mm f3.5-5.6 but thought instead, for now, I'd go for what would be 'certain' to give decent quality shots - a macro lens. The 60mm f2.8 arrived this morning. It seems to be brand new and works fine. Thing is, for those in the UK, I got it from of all places Dixons for a mere £318.

It puts a different complexion on the D3200's IQ. It's stopped looking limpishly soft and has taken on some edge. That 24MP requires a decent lens to bring out the detail.

The 60mm f2.8 is plastic unlike my Sigma macro lenses but feels nice in the hand. It has a large full-time manual focus barrel and IF - so does not change length in use unlike my Sigmas which acquire a huge erection when hunting. It has Nikon's SWM and is fast to focus for a macro lens. It is usable as a 50mm replacement but with the macro advantage.

Images so far look as I see them - no weird bits. Need the sun to shine but in the UK that seems highly unlikely. Here's a couple of rose leaves I saw earlier - with a sprinkling of water droplets for added excitement.

-- hide signature --
 Dave Deacon's gear list:Dave Deacon's gear list
Nikon D3200 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED +10 more
Nikon D3200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow