LTZ470
Forum ProPosts: 10,395
Like?
Re: My favorite doll...RX100 ISO 800
In reply to ManuH, Jul 31, 2012

ManuH wrote:

LTZ470 wrote:

d3xmeister wrote:

Beautiful girl. But to be honest my Canon S100 can do ISO 800 portraits just as good or better. Either these are very heavy crops or have some unfortunate NR settings, coupled with camera shake.

S100 at 1/10 Shutter Speed ISO 800 -0.7EV?...would love to see your examples please post...these could have been much better with Multi-Shot NR ISO...still learning the RX100...

The lighting was very poor...table lamps with low wattage bulbs behind lamp shades...dark brown paneling...cropped considerably...original jpeg below to give you an idea of conditions...and cropping amount...even the EM5 struggled w/ 25mm f/1.4 and used ISO 1600 w/ 1/60 Shutter Speed, but the photos came out sharper due to increased shutter speed...so what does this mean? Photog error...

I also have the 25mm f/1.4 and your example show one thing, that while the 25 f/1.4 is a superb lens it's also more difficult to get things in focus due to the very small dof at f/1.4 (on your example the wrong eye is in focus).

Photog error again...I had the EM5 set to Face Recognition Right Eye priority focus...if I had turned off Face Recognition this shot would have been correct...

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow