Bad RAW implementation in the NX 20MP cameras!

Started Jul 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
dlacoutu
Contributing MemberPosts: 803Gear list
Like?
Re: Lol - This will be the same with all cameras - Learn what DR is
In reply to jj74e, Jul 31, 2012

jj74e wrote:

didn't they say it had a higher chance of happening at higher ISOs though? and the picture example you gave was shot at a very low ISO.

although the other guy's picture of the father was also shot at low ISO and still exhibited the weird circles.

Does anyone know whether or not this issue happened in the firmware version before whatever version shrunk the RAW files? Maybe it's just in need of another firmware update to resolve somewhat faulty processing methods that were developed in the goal of making the RAW files smaller.

Well, myself, I've only seen it clearly at low ISO. I guess the high-ISO noise somehow hides the effect, as you can still faintly see it when searching for it, but it's far less obvious and obtrusive.

There is proof that it was already there from v1.03 (v1.04 being the one where RAW file sizes were reduced).
If someone still has v1.00, that would be greatly informative...

dlacoutu's gear list:dlacoutu's gear list
Samsung NX100 Pentax K-5 Samsung NX200 Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow