LTZ470
Forum ProPosts: 10,049
Like?
Re: My favorite doll...RX100 ISO 800
In reply to d3xmeister, Jul 31, 2012

d3xmeister wrote:

LTZ470 wrote:

d3xmeister wrote:

Beautiful girl. But to be honest my Canon S100 can do ISO 800 portraits just as good or better. Either these are very heavy crops or have some unfortunate NR settings, coupled with camera shake.

S100 at 1/10 Shutter Speed ISO 800 -0.7EV?...would love to see your examples please post...these could have been much better with Multi-Shot NR ISO...still learning the RX100...

Here's one I quickly found, S100 at ISO 1600 1/10 f/2. Only 5 seconds PP in lighroom, 10% NR.

This shows why the S100 is hugely better at high ISO than older S90 I have. There are no color blotches even at ISO 3200, while with the S90 even ISO 800 is a problem.

My RX100 arrives tomorrow, I'm just saying I think it could do much better than what it's shown here.

Yes, that is quite good from a small sensor...the lighting is much better than what i was working with...I am not very good with portraits at all to be honest...I was actually spraying and praying to catch her not moving and I think Sony should have a setting like Olympus does on their WB...with Olympus you can set AWB with Warm Off and that would get rid of the yellow tint and splotches it does on the Oly...

And yes I think someone with better skills can get some great indoor shots from RX100...I love my S95 it has been a great little camera...

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow