Started Jul 31, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Windschatten
Junior MemberPosts: 43
Like?
The iAuto should be improved big time
Jul 31, 2012

The iAuto Modes work well in good light. They know when there is movement and increase the shutterspeed to 1/250 to prevent blur. But there are some things that annoy me:

• With backlight, the iAuto+ HDR correction is almost not noticeable. I get a better effect with P and AutoHDR. Anyone experienced the same?

• In bad light, the iauto modes chooses shutterspeeds like 1/30 even if they recognize faces or movement. It would be so much better if the cam would increase ISO or change to the handheld twilight mode to get at least a 1/60 shutter. I get many blury pictures because the slow shutterspeed.

• In lowlight, even when you use the autoflash, the shutterspeed stays 1/30. So you get blurry shots from faces even when using the flash. Very annoying.

• Yesterday, in very bad light, the shutterspeed insisted to go to 1/5. Even in P Mode, the choosen shutterspeed was 1/30. I got much better results when choosing S Priority 1/60 and Iso 6400. I am not sure if the Multiframe Noise modes would be even better with 1/60.

In conclusion: Both AutoModes are not useful when photographing people in lowlight. You will get many blurry immages. Even when the camera recognizes movement, it chooses slow shutterspeeds to prevent the iso to go up.

What are your experiences or workarounds?

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow