Alaska Inside Passage

Started Jul 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
brcnhouston
New MemberPosts: 15Gear list
Like?
Re: Alaska Inside Passage (back with photos)
In reply to dherzstein, Jul 31, 2012

Thanks for the reply.

I did shoot several panoramas, and will try stitching them together on Photoshop on my next days off. I am curious to try the panos. I dragged a tripod and monopod across Alaska, and never got a chance to use either. DOH! The ship obviously was always moving, and in Denali the bus ride 62 miles into the park was fun, but painful when missing the opportunity to set up and take a thought out shot. I never knew whether I was about to need a wide angle for a landscape, or a zoom for the wild life. I usually guessed wrong.

It rained frequently while we were in Denali. I can photoshop more detail out of some of my pictures, but the dynamic range was extreme. We were actually standing in rain, while pieces of blue sky were visible through rain and heavy clouds. I tried to show the rain pelting the distant slopes, while the valley was clear, and we were in a misty rain. I wasnt sure how to handle that, other then wipe rain off lens filter every shot. We were in Denali for three days, but never, saw Mount McKinley.

In any case, my short comings aside, fun trip. I recommend it to anyone.

BRC

brcnhouston's gear list:brcnhouston's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow