That's It! I'm moving to Denmark!

Started Jul 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
drh681
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,225
Like?
Re: For breakfast, right? n/t
In reply to RobertSigmund, Jul 31, 2012

RobertSigmund wrote:

I was in the USA in 2008 during the primaries.

In every candidate speech I heard in television: "Hard work!", "Hard working people" etc.
As if this was something good!

It is a strange contradiction: a country pretends to be the land of the free but more than 2 weeks free per year are deemed obscene! (not for GW Bush though, who may be was not as dumb as many think, as he made extensive holidays! :D)

Yeah extensive. If you call being connected to the world 24/7 while on "holiday" "relaxing". The President is never on vacation; he's just not "in Town".

I read with fascination John Grishams legal thrillers. The plots are below so so, but how he describes the workload of lawyers, coming home from work at midnight, getting back at 5 o'clock in the morning, intrigues me, and I ask myself: is this really true? OK, they make lots of money, but they live a slave life.

Most lawyers don't work like that every day. Those who do, are more often working on making "partner" so that they do not have to do that anymore.

Lawyers specializing in Criminal Law do work that hard when they have a case at trial.

But with our legal system and a government turning out laws and regulations two thousand pages at a time, there is a LOT legal work to be done.
Are there "paralegals" in Europe?

-- hide signature --

Photons by the bag.
Gravitons no longer shipped outside US or Canada
-----.....------

if I mock you, it may be well deserved.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow