1DX should I buy it, or stick with my 5DMK3

Started Jul 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
kb2zuz
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,196Gear list
Like?
Re: 1DX should I buy it, or stick with my 5DMK3
In reply to Guy 2, Jul 31, 2012

You haven't given much to go on. You like image quality. I think most people here do. The problem is there's may different aspects to image quality... Resolution, dynamic range, noise. Also on different cameras these factors can vary in different conditions. Some cameras will have better quality at high ISO but might have some marginal issues at lower ISO. Some may be phenomenal at low ISO but noisy at high ISO.

You didn't say anything about needing very fast fps continuous shooting. You didn't say anything about wanting slightly more intelligent autofocus tracking and better metering. You didn't say anything about high Maybe in your image quality requirements you want better performance at high ISO, so then maybe then the 1DX would give you some improvement. But if you care about resolution and being able to zoom in, particularly at lower ISO... the 5D Mk III is probably where you want to be.

But that's just my take on it. It might be fun to rent one and try it out. Sometimes there are other factors than quantitative image quality measurements that make a camera better for you. Some companies may be willing to work a deal where you can rent it, and if you decide to buy one they'll put the cost of the rental towards the purchase of a new body.

-- hide signature --

~K

kb2zuz's gear list:kb2zuz's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Nikon D800 Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow