Started Jul 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
stlsportscom
Regular MemberPosts: 191Gear list
Like?
Re: S100 Repair Experience
In reply to gail, Jul 31, 2012

gail wrote:

CameraCarl wrote:

I have a camera that is in the affected range but has not broken (yet). I'm leaving in a couple of months for a trip to Russia and don't want my camera to break when I need it most, so I'm trying to figure out what to do.

I'd call Canon and tell them you want your camera checked. I mean, insist that it's really and thoroughly checked!

I was told by Canon tech support they would check a camera if sent to them. I think they have an obligation to look at a S100 that's in the affected range.

My s100 got the lens issue without warning after 7 months of use. Fortunately, I just wanted to take a casual snapshot. I'd really be ticked off if it broke when I wanted to photograph a once in a lifetime event.

My S100 arrived at the Canon facility today and I expect to get it back within two weeks.

My Gosh, Gail, I have read and followed and learned a lot about Canon compacts from you and Paul Rivers...that you have had this problem with the S100...somehow speaks volumes.

I wonder if Canon Inc. knows how helpful you've been to their efforts...

I'm still on my S95 after having exchanged an S90 that had dead and bright pixels in the sensor...I really really like my S95...have since bought some ELPH 300s for my family. Nice little box.

Good luck with your S100 repair.

stlsportscom's gear list:stlsportscom's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Canon ELPH 300 HS Canon EOS 40D Canon EOS 350D Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Huh?New
GailNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow