X100... Help ... Again.

Started Jul 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
MindInRewind
Contributing MemberPosts: 601
Like?
Re: Gimme me a break....
In reply to alexzn, Jul 31, 2012

alexzn wrote:

No one can answer that question but you . There is a bewildering choice of mirrorless offerings and unlike DSLr, all those cameras are quite different from one another. So just read the reviews and decide for yourself. If you cannot decide whether X100 is for you, it probably is not. It takes a competent user to get past slow AF and having only 35mm focal length. In the right hands, it is a great camera, in wrong hands- a recipe for frustration. Only you can decide which camp you belong to.

I completely agree! Which is why it is taking me so long to make a decision. Which is why I'm not in a rush, I want to make the best decision. I know there is an endless amount of options out there. And sometimes, even though reading countless website reviews, none are more better than the ones I get right here, in the DPReview forums! I've made all my purchase decisions based on what the actual USERS of the camera say, not what a lab says (don't get me wrong, dpreview reviews are fantastic and are always integral in my decision making).

I don't think you can say 'gimme a break' - I am gathering my information and will make an informed decision. are these other folks who have posted about the good, the bad and the ugly of the X100 not reviewers? They are probably some of the best reviewers. They tell how the camera handles in different situations and don't just talk image quality. they talk about real world usage.

I thank everyone who has offered up their suggestions and thoughts, and I do hope more and more keep coming!

MIR

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow