Anyone NOT use the VF for shooting street?

Started Jul 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
demonboy
Regular MemberPosts: 166
Like?
Anyone NOT use the VF for shooting street?
Jul 30, 2012

I currently use a 5Dii for my street stuff but it's big so I'm looking to downsize for my street stuff (i.e. I'm keeping the 5Dii and want something smaller just for street). I've been using an Oly 35RC recently, which has been great fun, so I'm looking for a digital version of that.

The problem is many potential models out there have done away with the VF, specifically the mirrorless systems. I notice the new Canon EOS-M doesn't have one.

It may be a habit I have to change but I can't stand taking photos holding the camera up in front of me and using the screen. I have to use a VF, but what EVFs I've used I've been frustrated with.

My question to serious street photographers out there (and by serious I mean those who understand the concept of being invisible and capturing decisive moments with a fast, silent, easy to use camera) - have you done away with the VF altogether?

I'd love to hear from people who have made the transition, and those who haven't. And more importantly, what cameras you'd recommend for street shooting.

Thanks in advance.

-- hide signature --

[] http://www.jamiefurlongphotography.com []
Refreshingly different travel and street

Canon EOS 5D Mark II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow