Started Jul 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
wasserball
Senior MemberPosts: 2,603Gear list
Like?
Re: Buying lenses from amazon.de
In reply to PepsiCan, Jul 30, 2012

PepsiCan wrote:

Hi

I live in Cyprus and I want to get the Nikon 85mm 1.8G. Unfortunately, the local dealer here does not have them in stock (4 week wait). So, I want to buy it off Amazon.de (cheapest price and no fiddling with exchange rates). The only offer the standard shipping service.

I was wondering what people's experiences are. Are the lenses well packed? Is there any risk above the normal risks when buying from a brick & mortar retailer?

Thanks!

Well, I was going to say, here in the USA, they don't pack items that are already in their original box very carefully, maybe a bubble wrap to take up some space in the shipping box. I bought a small 50mm lens, and I could shake the lens box around. I assume amazon thinks it's the lens box that is suppose to protect the lens, not the outside shipping box. I don't think this is uncommon as I had the same issue with a Garmin GPS that was shipped to me. I could shake in the inner box around.

wasserball's gear list:wasserball's gear list
Kenko Teleplus Pro 300 AF 1.4x Nikon D3S Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 400mm f/2.8G ED VR II +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow