ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Peterpoose
New MemberPosts: 12
Like?
Virgin! Help Please :)
Jul 30, 2012

Hi folks,

I have only ever used a small digital compact before.

After my last trip to the Ukraine and through Europe I decided my photos need some Umph!

I travel a lot as I am a tattoo collector and I also love graffiti or street art as its known these days. Anyhows I want to take photos of street art and tattoos from all over the world with my new camera, plus ordinary trip photos.

I also love lightning and storms. I tried taking some lightning pictures this trip as we drove through a tornado but ended up with 100 shots of grey sky lol

Right on to my question about purchasing a new camera.

I was drawn to the new Nikon 3200, don't ask me why but from reading the net and reviews etc.

I am not sure if I should maybe go up in body range from the 3200 to say 7000 or wait and get something mid range in the near future to not have to upgrade so much?

Firstly is this a decent camera for myself being a total newbie or is there something out soon on the horizon I should wait for?

Secondly from what I read about the sensor on the 3200, that to benefit fully from this you really need a better lens?

These are the lenses I was looking at.

Nikon D3200 Kit 18-105VR - for everday use.

Sigma 10-20mm f4-5.6 EX DC HSM Nikon fit lens - for my street art and travelling places.

Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro 1:1 Lens for Nikon - for my close up shots of tattoos etc.

A good bag suggestion for the kit i listed.

or

A decent make?

Oh and for the memory cards, I have looked at the 64GB SDXC Secure Digital Extended Capacity Speed Class 10 Flash Memory Card 15MB/s Write 20MB/s Read 64 GB?

Any suggestions for a lens cleaning kit lol

lol keep reading more stuff I need. How about a speedlight flash?

UV filters?

Sto Fen?

My budget is around £2000.00 but obviously if I do not need to go that high if not needed for my amateurish hands

Sorry guys for all the stupid questions but i have sourced all the above from seller on Amazon.

Is there anywhere that you guys know that very reputable in the UK that would be better to purchase all this from?

Thanks for any help

Nikon D3200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow