DA 50/1.8 in stock ... any users?

Started Jul 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
djezraj
Contributing MemberPosts: 618Gear list
Like?
Re: Metal Mount and Easter Eggs
In reply to Pentax_Prime, Jul 30, 2012

Pentax_Prime wrote:

I was thinking something similar; if one could replace the plastic mount at least you've shored up the weakest part of the lens - but you still have the easter-egg shell build quality of the rest of it to deal with. The FA50/1.4 appears to be a much wiser purchase ... much better build quality, metal mount, better MF, a half-stop faster, etc. etc. If someone were really forward thinking they'd have bought several FA50/1.4's when they were about half of their current price they would be making quite a nice profit right now.

djezraj wrote:

I read somewhere that metal mounting plates can be ordered as a part from pentax (however for other lenses) It seems some are replacing the plastic plates with little modification. It would be interesting?
Worst case one could order some backup plates.

Cheers
Roger

Exactly! If it works it would at the very least instil a bit more confidence.

However my suggestion may have been a bit premature as I realize the Post I read was regarding the L and non L version of the 55-300. These users of course can share the mount plate as I believe they are identical

So likewise it would stand to reason there would have to be another lens equal to the DA50 with identical dimensions and mount etc..I suppose worst case one could order a backup plastic plate and hope for the best.

And ....better yet I did snap up one of the old FA50's at the old price and quite happy with it. Sadly I did not buy the FA77 FA43 and others before the price hike but oh well.

Cheers
Roger

djezraj's gear list:djezraj's gear list
Canon PowerShot G7 Pentax K10D Fujifilm X-E2 Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Pentax smc DA 16-45mm F4 ED AL +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow