D800 cheap battery pack's

Started Jun 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
cosmicnode
Contributing MemberPosts: 614Gear list
Like?
Re: Anybody receive new aftermarket D800 Battery Pack Grip yet ?
In reply to deejaysoul, Jul 30, 2012

Have you got your AA battery type set in custom memory d11 ?. It could be your batteries, I have had problems with rechargeable Ni-MH batteries lately in my sb 700 flash. they were charged but would not turn on the flash , I tried several sets and then found a set that would turn it on ,much to my relief. Later I found that pushing the batteries into the holder and rotating them before closing the door got them working. It appears that it takes very little to stop the current flowing, the contacts on the batteries were slightly corroded although it was not visible to me. Removing the tray and replacing it with the other battery type has no effect on the camera , and turning it on without a tray in does not effect the on-board battery the camera focuses and shutter fires, no problem. My camera is set to use battery in the pack before on-board battery.

-- hide signature --

Mike.

"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit, it's the only way to be sure."

cosmicnode's gear list:cosmicnode's gear list
Nikon D2X Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow