Started Jul 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
djwuk
Regular MemberPosts: 135Gear list
Like?
Battery compartment door for d200
Jul 30, 2012

The d200/300 are great camera but they have one absolutely ridiculous piece of design which beggars belief on a semipro dslr and which I fear continues on the d800, the battery compartment door which relies on a few milimeters of plastic to lock it in place- even my £100 p & s has a more substantial mechanism!

The latch on my d200 has broken meaning that even with black tape to keep it in place the battery easily comes out of position. I know the door has to be removed to fit the battery grip so can anyone tell me if I can obtain a replacement door (in the uk). I'm sure this will solve the problem, the camera performs perfectly in every other way, af and metering just as spot on as they were when I first got it 5 + years

Ago. The only alternative will be to put it in to a repair centre but if I can buy replacement door that shouldn't be necessary.
Thanks

djwuk's gear list:djwuk's gear list
Nikon AF DX Fisheye-Nikkor 10.5mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II VC LD Aspherical (IF) +3 more
Nikon D200 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow