Identify this flower/plant

Started Jul 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
David Nall
Forum ProPosts: 13,380Gear list
Like?
Re: Identify this flower/plant
In reply to pannumon, Jul 30, 2012

Thank You for responding, and you are correct about my not knowing what it is. I was with my Brother in Law which knows most of the plants and he is on the road again near the Saw Tooth Range.

pannumon wrote:

I am by no means an expert, but it looks like a flowered plant, perhaps one of the Ranunculus family. I assume that you don't know the answer, so more information would be helpful for identification of the plant. So,

1) are the (green) leaves from the plant shown in the picture and which ones are they?

Yes the leafs just below the blooms with the three nodes.

2) Were there many of this plant or was that the only one?

There were only three of the plants in bloom but a few more with only the stalk left.

3) What other plants grew next to it?

I can't really answer that, as I don't know what they were called either.

4) What was the microclimate like in the exact spot where you found it compared to area next to it (temperature, humidity, light).

Temp was about 70 degrees, humidity approximately 60%, Very shady side of the road and these were close to the road.

5) Approximate elevation from the sea would also be helpful information.

Elevation near 4000 feet. Located in the Bitterroot Mountains near McGee Ranger Station in Panhandle National Forest in N. Idaho.
Two more pics, the second with flash.

-- hide signature --

Visit my gallery at http://www.poperotzy.smugmug.com

View of Yosemite Valley, Bridalveil fall 4 frame vertical pano taken from the tunnel parking lot.

David Nall's gear list:David Nall's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Nikon D4 Nikon D800E Nikon 1 V2 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow