Ken Rockwell...EOS M world's first serious mirrorless.

Started Jul 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
thedips
Forum MemberPosts: 93
Like?
Re: If Canon ever creates a full-frame LEICA M body
In reply to lxstorm, Jul 30, 2012

I'm pretty sure that canon branding the Eos-M has almost nothing to do with the Leica M designation. But instead to simply imply that it is "Mirrorless". Nothing design wise really suggests that canon had the Leica M series in mind as a direct competitor

lxstorm wrote:

"either in 35mm or digital, it would half-bury LEICA"

I was using Konica Hexar RF body for years ... Konica was very nice. Konica Hexanon RF lenses in M mount are also superb for made in japan lenses. But once you have native Leica M you will figure out what Leica M photography is about actually.

However I agreed that this new Canon "M" might be very sweet point & shoot despite the fact it shares nothing with REAL M except cheap marketing bite "m"

BTW I had read comments on the forum regarding how nice LeicaM's alike not only Canon's Nikon's Pentax's but Oly lenses as well. I've invested several grands into Oly body and full set of lenses (there was no digital M body at the time). They all went to eBay few months later.

In case you want Leica M IQ the only option is getting native Leica M
there are no competitors
period

-- hide signature --

shoot today...
die tomorrow....
(torrance, ca)

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow