What was it that made you jump up to a DSLR?

Started Jul 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
rgoislv
Junior MemberPosts: 29Gear list
Like?
What was it that made you jump up to a DSLR?
Jul 30, 2012

Hi all,

First post.

The title says it all really

I'm not really looking for camera recommendations but if you ask i have narrowed it down to D90, D7000, K-5, K-30, feel free to advise

I started with a Canon s95 and jumped up to a Panasonic G3.

However i am wanting to do more photography (landscapes/indoor like churches) now and don't feel the G3 is really the camera to do it.

I want a wider lens, quicker controls, optical view finder, larger choice in lenses but ultimately when i held the d7000 in my hands what has really made me want to take a jump up was (for example) something as simple as having two dials on the top of the camera. It was so quick and easy to change settings!!

You'll notice i haven't even mentioned image quality as a reason i feel the main reason for an upgrade instead is camera ergonomics!

So it's a lot of money i am looking at, so it's either second hand or a wedge of cash. There is nothing in the beginner DSLR range that i feel has he same ergonomics so i am wrestling with having to make my first jump into the DSLR market an almighty jump....

Should i "settle" for a cheaper camera like the D5100 with excellent image quality wise or the D3200 which looks good too or not?

It got me thinking what was the reason other people took the plunge into DSLRs for. Was it a natural progression, for work, features, lenses, image quality, low light etc etc .....

So was there one thing in particular that made you get out your hard earned cash?

and if the reason you wanted to upgrade was better feel and operation please let me know

rgoislv's gear list:rgoislv's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3
Canon PowerShot S95 Nikon D3200 Nikon D5100 Nikon D7000 Nikon D90 Pentax K-30 Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow