Please recommend a "Walk around lens"

Started Jul 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
hooch888
Forum MemberPosts: 67
Like?
Re: Please recommend a "Walk around lens"
In reply to Setter Dog, Jul 30, 2012

I would sell 55-200 and 18-55 and got something like 28-75 and a prime lens for wide angle.

Setter Dog wrote:

I have an a57 and like everything about the camera. My lenses are 18-55mm, 55-200mm and a Sigma 70-300mm for my Yellowstone trips.

Zoom is important to me as is light weight. I usually have the 55-200mm mounted since I often see quail in my back yard. The 55mm is a real compromise indoors, of course, and a bit long for scenery etc. I think what I need is one of the fabled "walk around lenses." Oh, and I prefer lens stabilization to in camera Steady Shot for anything over 200mm. The EVF view is just so much smoother for me.

The wisdom of buying the best lens available makes a lot of sense, I suppose, but I'd like to keep my costs for the new lens at $500 or so. Right now I'm considering the Sony 18-135mm but I don't want to overlook other good options. One thought is to get the 18-135mm with another a57 body.

Thanks for hearing me out. I know it's my decision, but I value the opinions of other users.

Jack

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow