Soon to be m43 user....But I don't like 4:3 aspect ratio!

Started Jul 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Edoveral
Regular MemberPosts: 135Gear list
Like?
Soon to be m43 user....But I don't like 4:3 aspect ratio!
Jul 30, 2012

For the past years I've been shooting with a Canon 450D. For me the main reason to shoot APS-C was the ability to shoot at ISO 1600 and get results that print well on A4-level. For me, that was the criterium I used to 'judge' camera's.

The first m43 camera's didn't pass my test. But after seeing the results of the most recent m43-camera's, I decided my main reason for staying with APS-C was no longer valid. Current m43-camera's have better high-ISO than my 450D had. The GF5 I tested a few days ago was amazing, allthough to small for my hands...

Of course APS-C size will always have an theoretical advantage due to the bigger size sensor, but for my type of shooting it is hardly relevant anymore. And I want a camera I can use video on with a good AF. So I decided to jump ship. I sold my Canon (got a good deal for it) and am now awaiting the Panasonic G5. In the meanwhile I'm re-enjoying my old Sony H2 (amazing camera, as long as you use ISO 100-200).

Now I don't like the 4:3 aspect ratio. How do most people here have there camera's set? To 4:3 or 3:2?

Edoveral's gear list:Edoveral's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H2 Canon EOS 450D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS +2 more
Canon EOS 450D (EOS Rebel XSi / EOS Kiss X2) Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
4:3New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow