D3200 vs D7000

Started Jul 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
Alex Ridgway
New MemberPosts: 18
Like?
Re: D3200 vs D7000
In reply to james s. kennedy, Jul 30, 2012

I'm a D300 user and bought myself a D3200 last week.

Main reasons for choosing the D3200 are the full manual movie mode and the size.

I wanted something that I could simply throw in a backpack / treat as a travel compact. Whilst the ergonomics are poor (in comparison) to a pro level body (you only have one command dial, no portrait shutter realise on the battery grip etc) the super menu button is intuitive and easy to use, the image quality is very very good for an entry level camera and the noise handling looks better than the D300 (I'm yet to test the properly though).

For the money it's a cracking camera the only issue with the new generation Nikon's at the moment is the RAW support, you're going to need the latest Nikon NX Capture, LR4.1, PS CS6 or the latest DxO optics, there's probably other software out there that supports the newest files but those are the main ones.

Like you if I could have afforded it I'd have got a D800 but that wouldn't have solved the issue of the D300 not being that portable for holidays and sport (skiing, cycling etc)

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow