FZ200. How Many FZ150 Users will upgrade?

Started Jul 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
bugbait
Contributing MemberPosts: 932Gear list
Like?
Re: FZ200. How Many FZ150 Users will upgrade?
In reply to Stevie Boy Blue, Jul 30, 2012

High-Speed, 1280x720 120fps could be very useful to me. And I am thinking my freezing hummer and flying insect wings would be more often successful with the brighter lens.

On another note I did my first and hopefully only wedding shoot yesterday with my 10 month old FZ150. Not my usual thing as I am not that much of a people person but they were hurting for a photographer. Honestly those images turned out fantastic with simply using IA, no flash and -1 on a cloudy day and 5AF. Over 3500 images in JPG (groom only wanted images in jpg and no video.) Maybe two dozen out of focus images, probably less. Surprising as I was busting my butt to get images of everyone in good face and the odd funny moments. Even a short playful video of the couple smooching, (when nobody was looking.)

This camera only fails to amaze me on a regular basis if I don't bring it with me. Gary S and many others here, have done some amazing things with the FZ150, FZ100, alone and with teleconvertors and macro lenses. So there is far more to this machine than I have gotten out of it. But it is not a matter of if I will upgrade, but when. I'm not going to carry and juggle multiple pounds of glass and cameras, I am just not that commited. Although after comparing images of pany, sony, canon, nikon, I would try out the Nex-7 of I had the doe, but I don't really have that kind of doe to throw around.

Luckily all of the FZ cameras seem to hold their resale value very well for a longtime. And even if you wait too long, what a great gift for a budding photographer or as a second camera with macro lens etc.

bugbait's gear list:bugbait's gear list
Canon EOS M Canon EF-M 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YesNew
Yes!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow