My first wedding

Started Jul 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
Queso
Junior MemberPosts: 26Gear list
Like?
Re: My first wedding
In reply to Daro31, Jul 30, 2012

Well it's for my buddies cousin, I would never shoot a friends wedding because of the pressure and the fact that I would rather be a part of it... I've sent them a shot list and asked them to fill it out and let me know what they want, once I see just how much they will want then I can make a decision. It's not going to be a complicated wedding, no walking down the isle no bridal party just a bunch of family and friends eating, drinking, dancing and enjoying the night.

If you can point me in the right direction for some useful tips on shooting weddings great, if not thanks for the response.

Daro31 wrote:

If this is a friend then do yourself a favour and decline the opportunity. You have no idea how much work is in a wedding shoot, and the pressure you will put on yourself. I have shot well over a hundred weddings and it doesn't get any easier, constantly looking for that great shot, trying to get around ceremonys without being intrusive, managing family disputes and even grooms in handcuffs. (No Kidding). If it is a freind go to his wedding buy him a nice gift and enjoy his day. How many of his other freinds are there working; and wedding photography is hard work. Is his best man serving drinks, and his other buddy who has a computer doing the tracks at the dance. Maybe his wifes sisters are serving drinks and keeping the salads fresh. Oh and I am sure his Mom is making the coffee and Dad driving the limo. How come only photographers are freinds working weddings. Take your camera if you want like all of the other guests and I am sure they will pose for a few pictures for you, but I guarantee if you are the wedding photographer you will never remember a thing about your friends wedding.

Queso's gear list:Queso's gear list
Nikon D300S Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow