Started Jul 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dewhirst
Forum MemberPosts: 56Gear list
Like?
Testament to strength of EM-5. Phew!
Jul 30, 2012

Yesterday sitting in my car with EM-5 on my lap, strap NOT round my neck, I opened my door to get out and before I could put the strap round my neck my 12yr old buddy, a Whippet, jumped over me and decided she would wear the strap round her neck and collected it on her way out in a flying jump.

The camera flew up in the air and crashed down on the pavement from a great height and was dragged bouncing up and down for about 20ft before she managed to dislodge it.

After I got over my heart attck I picked up the camera expecting the worst.
I had on it the side grip and battery grip and the 12-50 lens.

The battery door had flown open and the battery was about 10ft away and the lens cap gad been knocked off and a piece of the clipon ring was broken off.

The only mark on the body was a very small rubbing off of the black "paint" on a corner of the flash mount on the hump.

With shaking hands I put the battery back in and switched on and lo and behold it started perfectly. I have superglued the lens cap back together and it fits tightly.

I am so inpressed with the strength of the camera.

The moral of the story is, either wear a strap or control your dog. For me it's easier to wear a strap I think

dewhirst's gear list:dewhirst's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Olympus OM-D E-M5
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow