Need to Edit EXIF Time Data with D5100 NEF Files

Started Jul 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
larrytusaz
Senior MemberPosts: 2,171Gear list
Like?
Thank You Sir (Re: Jhead)
In reply to David Lal, Jul 30, 2012

I certainly appreciate the detailed response. The fix I found seems to be fine, and frankly I'm not all that hot on command-line approaches due to the complexity, but then, if that allows it to run in more environments, then great. (For the record, for batch-renaming, I use exiv2, which is a command-line program, but then I created BAT files I use in conjunction with it so all I have to do is double-click a file, the BAT file, and enter the number of my selection.)

The reason I made the observation about a "detailed response" is in response to how I've read other posts where the answer given is not anywhere near specific enough, or where the person is told "just search for it." I always felt like, in the spirit of helpfulness, one should just answer the question, and in a way that's detailed enough for the person to follow step-by-step. I take it seriously enough that, say, if a file's download link is being asked for, I give the DIRECT one to keep the person from having to go from screen-to-screen, it's quicker--they just click, and download commences immediately .

larrytusaz's gear list:larrytusaz's gear list
Nikon 1 J1 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha NEX-3N Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow