Started Jul 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
TAFB
Junior MemberPosts: 42
Like?
Re: Thanks. Appears your copy has the issue as well
In reply to Horshack, Jul 30, 2012

Horshack wrote:

TAFB wrote:

Yes, focus is spot on between 50-70mm. I have significant back focus at 24mm. Could you please let me know if you have any focus shift at 24mm vs. 70mm?

I just tested both focus shift and focus accuracy on mine at 24mm and 70mm. Focus shift is when the plane of focus changes from wide-open to stopped down (aka, spherical aberration, to make sure we're using the same terminology). Focus accuracy is self explanatory. I don't see any focus shift between f/2.8 and f/8 at either 24mm or 70mm...and focus accuracy at both ends is perfect when tested on my D5100 at a distance of 5 feet and 15 feet.

Thanks for checking for both, and sorry for my sloppy use of the terminology. My problem is focus accuracy. It would be nice to see Nikon implement a micro-adjust feature similar to the one Canon has on the 5D3 (where you can micro-adjust the wide end and tele end by separate amounts).

As for the aperture issue, not sure if it is a bad batch. The serial number on my lens is 31XX.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow