Ken Rockwell...EOS M world's first serious mirrorless.

Started Jul 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
Ed Rizk
Senior MemberPosts: 1,443
Like?
Re: He really showed his a$$ on this one.
In reply to Rehabdoc, Jul 29, 2012

That's bad enough. Worse is referring to the EOS M as a professional camera. It has no controls, no features, no ergonomics, and no native lenses.

Unless the camera is much different than it appears it is by for the worst of the mirrorless cameras at a higher than average price.

Rehabdoc wrote:

Kent's comment about the camera being the first serious mirrorless blah blah sound alike the words of a hired shill. Because pros can judge for themselves, the only people he influence are the stupid buyers who know little and rely on this type of comment to legitimize their purchase.

I am not accusing him of being paid to say this crap, but his casual and misleading dismissal of mirrorless cameras by Sony and Olympus and Sony while doing a comparison to a Nikon 1 camera, is blatant misrepresentation of the mirrorless market.

Ed Rizk wrote:

I've defended the guy more than twice, because he has had some good ideas and advice, along with some bad like everyone else. This one takes the cake, though.

Canon went out of its way to make the EOSM an unprofessional camera. I can't see choosing it over a NEX even though I am a Canon 60D user. You can still get a Canon adapter for the NEX. It won't take advantage of AF, but oh well. I want the smaller lenses anyway.
--
Ed Rizk

-- hide signature --

Ed Rizk

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow