Started Jul 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
cmantx
Senior MemberPosts: 1,248Gear list
Like?
Focus points on a500.
Jul 29, 2012

I've noticed that when I try to use a focus point other than the center point my camera hunts and much of the time won't take the shot (use tamron 90mm and tamron 200-500). I'll either have to switch to the center point or MF. I'd prefer to stay in AF if possible as the eyes aren't what they used to be and there is always a little doubt about if the diopter is still set or got moved a bit. This more often happens in overcast lighting, but it's also occured in good light occasionally. I'm taking care in getting proper exposure. It sometimes costs me the shot.

I'll probably be looking for another camera under $1000 in the next year. Has anyone had this experience with the a500/a550? Any former users of the a500 moved on to a sony model that does a better job focusing? Thanks in advance for any advice.

cmantx's gear list:cmantx's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A500 Sony SLT-A57 Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F/2.8 Di LD (IF) MACRO Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Tamron SP AF 200-500mm F/5-6.3 Di LD (IF)
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow