Started Jul 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
nrwhitman
Regular MemberPosts: 387Gear list
Like?
OMD issue with high speed sequence shooting
Jul 29, 2012

Went out yesterday to try shooting a Criterium (Grand Cycling Classic in Grand Rapids, MI). Had my EM5 set on shutter priority and Sequence shooting (high speed sequence). and Used both my 12-50 and 40-150 lens. The problem I ran into was that within a sequence, with no change to the exposure setting, the captured image would start ok then get dark (sometimes virtually black). This was all within fractions of a second, there was no change in ambient light or exposure settings. I have a sequence of three photos below exhibiting this.

Has anyone else seen this? Pretty sure it was the camera, not the lens, as it happened with both the 12-50 and 40-150 lens. I don't know if the camera is somehow just not keeping up or what is happening but would be curious to know if anyone else has run into this problem. Not a real big issue for me as I don't do a lot of shooting in sequence mode, but am curious (curious enough that I'll probably call Oly depending on what I hear from y'all).

Not sure, but it did seem to happen when the sequence mode slowed down after the buffer was full, but kinda hard to tell.

Any hints as to what to look at/for or tests to try are appreciated.

Unrelated to the problem. Shoot 829 photos with my em5 on one charge of the battery with the battery not showing need for a charge. Of course on other occasions I have shoot far fewer (say 300 or so) and the battery showed it needed a charge. Think the battery life is very dependent on type of shooting. Sequence shooting, can get lots of pictures. Day long touristy shooting with some chimping and camera being left on, not so many.

nrwhitman's gear list:nrwhitman's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-30 Olympus PEN E-PM1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 70-300mm 1:4.0-5.6 +6 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow