Some questions on configuring an HP system. Hope to get the order in by tomorrow.

Started Jul 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
bellflier
New MemberPosts: 23
Like?
Some questions on configuring an HP system. Hope to get the order in by tomorrow.
Jul 29, 2012

Would you choose the solid state or the 1 TB drive? I would prefer 7200 rpms but maybe that would cause it to run too hot? I could swap to the faster drive if it didn't - have to change it on my own. Is it reasonably accessible for an average user?

Does anyone know how hot this system runs under normal configuration?

Would it be difficult to remove the optical drive and swap another hard drive (SSD) into the slot?

Is HP 3 year Accidental Damage Protection with LoJack worth the extra $290? I'll do a web search to try find how well they honor this, but does anyone have a link to a discussion on that?

LoJack Theft protection. This is $39 for one or four years, but $69 for two years if I read correctly!

Is the 32GB mSSD Hard Drive Acceleration Cache worth the $50 extra if I choose the SSD instead of the regular drive? If I did that, could I swap the optical drive and use the regular drive in that slot?

What is a USB 2 Port Replicator?

What is a Solid state drive flash module?

Thanks for any advice!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow