My favourite model - hot action! No clothes!

Started Jul 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
angstrom
Regular MemberPosts: 279
Like?
My favourite model - hot action! No clothes!
Jul 29, 2012

I thought that might get your attention.

I was checking out just how bad the OMD might be for fast moving subjects and below are some results after 3 or 4 attempts. Somewhere in the middle of this process I updated the firmware which may have helped, but a lot of other things changed as well so hard to say.

My overall verdict is that C-AF is definitely the Achilles heal of a camera that does everything else so well ... but not the total disaster I had feared. Compared to the Canon 7D it is pretty lame in this department but you can get a result if you work at it.

My advice for this kind of shot:

Forget about C-AF TR - complete waste of time. It just wouldn't stay on the subject.

Bright contrasty lighting helps a lot. The first attempt was flat and overcast and I got far worse results.

Drive was set mostly to L @ 3.5fps but where the action was all in one plane of focus it was better to use H @ 9fps.

Set release priority to OFF

Find a gorgeous, cooperative model!

Lens is Oly 40-150 @ 150mm f5.6 and many of these are cropped. LR seems to have stripped out the exif so for anyone curious they're all ISO 400 or 800, shutter 1/2000 or 1/4000 ... more or less.

David

-- hide signature --
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow