What software was used to "blend" these photos (sample shows)??

Started Jul 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
Sujay N Hegde
New MemberPosts: 17Gear list
Like?
Re: What software was used to "blend" these photos (sample shows)??
In reply to Tootsall, Jul 29, 2012

First of all, in PSE 8, you are going to have to use the magnetic lasso to cut out whatever you want to use from each image, feather it by a pixel and contract it by a couple of pixels. Then select new layer via cut or copy option. Do this for all the images you want to blend. But you can have one image as it is if you want its background. Then open a new canvas and adjust its size to what you'll be using on your website. Then copy the image with the background that you have left as it is and adjust it so that it fits by cropping. Then, copy the cut outs of your other images onto that layer. Adjust them by moving/resizing/cropping so that you get the look that you want.

All the images will be divided into different layers. Select each one of them and edit them i.e, adjusting saturation, highlights, shadows, etc, etc so that the whole thing looks natural.

Then take an eraser and rub out any bits that spoil the overall look. Then, finally, just save it as a .jpeg file.
So thats the entire process and I've made it as simple as I can.

You will have to experiment to get the look you want at the end. But if you aren't short on time, you can do great "blends: as you call them using your creativity in the selection of images and their composition. You've just got to have a bit of patience as you are a newbie and do not get frustrated if you can't get it to look the way you want. Just try again with a few Ctrl+z's

Hope I've helped.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow